Saturday, September 4, 2010

Yuki's Saturday Visit

I met Yuki at Shimodate station at 11. I was on time! Yay! We walked the half hour back to my place and relaxed a little before going to the Discount Grocery Store nearby to get some lunch stuffs. She explained to me the differences between the soy sauces, the differences between the curries, and she showed me where stuff like soy milk (almost nonexistent) and spices and flavorings are (so many!). We can back to my place and watched 5 of 6 episodes of the New Ren and Stimpy show. So funny! We had cold soba for lunch with grape popsicles and chocolate ice cream bars for desert. After Ren and Stimpy we watched an episode of Family Guy, then walked to an All-You-Can-Eat restaurant that does grilled meat, sort of like Korean BBQ. On the way there, I saw a non-inflated balloon on the ground.

Depending on you state of mind, you could see what would become a nice pink heart, when properly inflated, or something else...



We arrived a short while later, full of hunger!

It is called "Den"

It looks like this

You order the types of meat you want and then you cook it yourself on a grill in the middle of your table.


Yum!

With dinner finished we walked to the station and she began her 3 hour trip back home. As she was leaving, an older Japanese gentleman commented to me on the hot weather, in English, and I replied affirmatively in Japanese. I do that often and I wonder why I don't just answer in English, since he obviously speaks some. He then complimented me on my Japanese skill, just to be nice, it really isn't that great, and I totally missed my opportunity to return the kindness.

Next time, Gadget, next time!

1 comment:

  1. It Was Good Day!! I Had Fun A Lot With You There!! See Ya Soon!!

    ReplyDelete