Monday, September 13, 2010

Teaching and Earthquake Drill

Today was my first full day of teaching classes at the junior high school. Before, we had been practicing for the Undo-kai everyday. I spent the day giving my PowerPoint presentation and the kids loved it! These kids are all pretty cool. I am having a great time teaching and I can't wait to go back tomorrow and do it again!



Lunch Crew

I had more of a conversation with this class during lunch than I usually do. We talked about movies and anime.

Earthquake Drill!

We had an Earthquake Drill today instead of a sixth class. It was very orderly and calm. Good job class!

Tasty cookie.

This cookie tasted like coconut but that wasn't the best part. The best part was the writing on either end. It says: "Beautiful things are timeless. Women throughout history have never ceased to yearn for beauty." What that has to do with cookies...?

One of the books I will be using.

Those with keen eyes might notice something familiar with that book...


Both have three names...

That's right! Melissa Joan Hart and Neil Patrick Harris both have fun with this book! I wonder if they know they are on the cover of this book. As I look through the pages of the book I see pictures of kids from "Average American Junior High School" and I wonder if they knew, when their picture was being taken, they going to end up in an English book for Japanese students.

How many times has my picture been taken by people I don't know and where have those pictures ended up?

At the end of the day, I felt the love. One of the teachers gave me a bag with three cartons of milk, a thing of mashed potatoes, a foil of fish, four packages of bread, and five packages of chocolate syrup! They are so nice to me! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment