Saturday, September 4, 2010

Shampoo and Madlibs on a Sunday afternoon

I just woke up.


Last night I fought with my computer. I wanted to watch either "Ninja Assassin" or "2012" but it wanted to run really slowly and not complete it's downloads when it previously had said it completed it's downloads. Back and forth I went between the two films, trying to make one of them work. In the end I gave up on "2012" and finally got "Ninja Assassin" to work.

So much for positive reinforcement... Stinker. :(

I did start a new copy of "2012" to download and it finished during my slumber. Hopefully I can watch it tonight. The first copy I had was Russian subtitled, but only when it was displaying the location and the year (in the beginning of the film we jump to different places in the world at different time leading up to the year 2012). This wasn't really a problem because you could guess the county you were in by the language you heard and the landmarks you were seeing, but when we went to France, were they spoke only in French, I couldn't get English subtitles to work at all.

Let's take a minor step back in time. Last week, on Saturday, I went to Shibuya. I forgot to mention the shampoo I bought and I feel it really is worth mentioning. If I have all my facts straight, I bought some all natural, organic, vegan, shampoo from Lush and I love it.


"BIG Shampoo" (<--clickable link)




It is a kind of salty goo that you put in your palm and then massage into to your scalp. I little bit goes a long way: I use maybe a half teaspoon and it gets the job done. At this rate, I expect the shampoo to last me until the end of my school year in April!

Today, Sunday, I plan on staying in and watching Family Guy Season 8 until it gets dark and bearably hot outside, then going and getting some sunblock or sunmilk as I have heard it called in this land. I got a little sunburned on Friday and I don't want a repeat on Tuesday.

Sometime between today and tomorrow, which I also have off, I need to record myself giving the speech I edited for the Junior High School student. He wants to listen to it so he can get his pronunciation down correctly.

Now, MADLIBS!

Satisfy my list of words and I'll insert them into the story, then I'll post it on Monday.

location1
verb1
plural noun1
noun1 singular
adj
noun2
same noun1 singular
same noun1 singular
location2
location3
location4
location5
location6
same verb1
adj
verb2
same location6
noun3
same noun3
number
color
noun4
adj
same color
same noun4
noun5
color
noun6
same noun3
same noun1
number
time noun

This list may be long but the results should be funnier than last time.
And let's try to keep it a little more highbrow this time. I know I said there were no boundaries, but some of you really took me at my word and I have just now recovered. Any school child can work blue, it takes a smarter man to create humor of simpler expressions.

1 comment:

  1. WORDS!!!:

    Barstow
    Squeal
    Spiders
    Spider
    Lonely
    Godzilla
    Spider
    Spider
    Hayward
    Walnut creek
    Mars
    Kyoto
    Rome
    Squeal
    Naughty
    Sqwauk
    Rome
    Freeway
    Freeway
    32
    Black
    Crevasse
    Slippery
    Crevasse
    Disneyland
    Maroon
    Girl
    Freeway
    Spider
    48
    The Future

    ReplyDelete