Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Little Kid Adventure Fun Zone!

Today was Undo Kai renshuu for the Elementary school students. I mostly held an observatory role but I did get to hold hands with a young girl and run 25m... I was also informed I will be included in an award ceremony for next year's incoming first year students. Here are some pictures from the renshuu:

They don't use music sheets!

I took a series of shots in succession, with the idea to blend the later into a panorama. Which version do you like better? Remember: You can click on any picture I post to enlarge it.

Not Blended

OR

Blended


We have a winner!

I don't know what you heard, but little kids running: cutest. thing. ever.

Sweet fan dance!

Fan Dance in action! 
The little girl in blue is so cute! 
Makes me want to have a kid...


Another dance. This one has the kids wearing gloves with ribbons.


After Elementary school I went to Junior High. I helped an English class write their "What I did over the summer" papers. That was fun and a change of pace from giving my presentation about myself. At the end of school I sat down with the President of the Student Council and helped him prepare for an English Speech Competition. We went over and over the hard sounds for Japanese to pronounce until he was speaking very well, with almost no accent. A lot of Japanese people have trouble with the "th" sound in "This" "That" and "The" as well as in the middle of words like "father" and "mother", the letter "v" is read as a "b" in their language because the Japanese language doesn't have a letter "v" so "b" is the closest thing to it, and the letter "r" is tricky because while the Japanese language has an "r" sound, they say it as if it were a mix between "r" and "l". I also helped him understand "syllables" and "emphasis", enabling him to pronounce "18" as "eighteen" instead of "eighty". He is a bright guy and he likes English, so I believe he will perform outstandingly in this competition, as well as in life.

As I was leaving for home, I was given another gift of food from a couple of the teachers. They had curry for lunch today and they saved me a big 'ol tub of it, along with some salad, some slices of Asian Pears, and a Tupperware of rice, even though I was at the Elementary school for lunch today! A lady also gave me a package of rice seasoning and a mini-collection of Cup-Noodles.  I'm starting to think I could start another blog: "Things I Got For Free From My Co-Workers"!


I am so deep in their pockets...

No comments:

Post a Comment