Wednesday, September 8, 2010

What a day!

Today has been quite the interesting day. First, I was late to work by almost an hour. I know I set my alarm last night because I remember it telling me how many hours I had to sleep. I don’t know what happened…

I woke to the sound of the rain on my window, although I didn’t know it was raining until I got out the door, a mere ten minutes after I woke. I sent off an e-mail to my company informing them of my lateness and ran/walked to school in the rain. Without an umbrella.

Arriving at school, I was told it wasn’t a problem that I was late, but I’m afraid it is just a politeness being extended. I don’t have a first period, so it really wasn’t a problem because I didn’t miss anything, but still… I hope I’m not late again.

Teaching class, I noticed two different kids starting to fight with other children. I tried to tell them not to but I’m not skilled enough to get my point across.

After class, I returned to the teacher’s room and began to look at some materials I had downloaded from my company’s website. We are studying body parts at the moment, so I opened a pdf file about body parts. I was scrolling through them, they not being in any particular order, and just as I reached the page showing a fantastic pair of breasts, the female English teacher who sits next to me walks up behind me! Quickly scrolling away from the picture, I try as hard as I can to explain in my broken Japanese (broken like the back on that gay mountain) that I had, in fact, “downloaded this pdf from the company that employs me, and I hadn’t looked at it until now, so I didn’t know such a thing would be included in the file. Oh, my gosh, I’m so sorry!”

I think she bought it.

At lunch I noticed I forgot my camera, which puts a little damper on my new blog, but I drew a picture and wrote down what I was having, so I will use that for today's post over at Gakou Hirugohan. 

After lunch I went back to my apartment to change into play clothes and as soon as I got to Junior High, it started to pour! Typhoon! The rain came down with such gusto! Bonus: it came sideways so it was really hard to hold an umbrella. I went outside to help the Principal, Vice Principal, and some other teachers begin to install some parts of a tent we are constructing, but the rain was too much. We returned indoors. I spent the rest of the day doing busy work and then came home.

I walked to the store to buy contact lens solution, then to another store to get some trash bags, then home again.

Dinner comes next, then a movie or two...

No comments:

Post a Comment