Sunday, November 14, 2010

Livin' it up in the Higashi!

Friday

I brought my external hard drive to work in order to try and find some pictures I need for a presentation I’m giving. As I began searching through my pictures, I noticed there was a lot of material that might not be school appropriate. I had to cease my search in the interest of keeping my job. Lack of productivity. I would be going to a work party later in the day, even though I probably couldn’t afford it. It was sure to be just as fun, if not more so, than previous affairs, but it cost $50 and I was hoping to save as much money as I can. I was also invited to hang out with the other ALTs on Saturday, but I can’t afford to do both. I can’t wait until I don’t have to worry about money…

Guess what time it is at my middle school!



Do you see what happens, Larry? All I had to do was lament my lack of funds, and the problem solves itself! I am so smart, S M R T; I mean S M A R T…

Lunch time weirdos



I figured out if I turned the contrast down on my screen, I could search my pictures archives for the pictures I needed for my presentation. I found what I was looking for and was able to complete my presentation and show the teacher who had tasked me with creating it. I also helped a teacher by watching her class for sixth period while she was away on business. For the most part, they were well behaved, but sometimes they got a little out of control. They were doing group work, practicing their English debates. I walked around, helped them with pronunciation, and tried to help them figure out how to make their sentences stronger.

After school, I went home and showered, then to 7-11 to break a big bill, then went back to school to catch a ride to the party! I’m looking forward to a weekend of relaxing.

The party was pretty fun! The food was amazing (as usual)















And I did my first “Yell”. It’s basically a cheer that you perform to the Principal, giving him praise.




After my "Yell", I was given my own




And a hug


Everybody liked it, and not just because they were stupid drunk.



Saturday

I woke up at 10 a.m. and made it down to the train station to meet with Steven, Paul, and Sunshine. We went to Uchihara, to the mall there. I had a better experience at this mall than I have had in the States. They were so many shops that had clothes I wanted to buy and there were some interesting shops selling Japanesque odds and ends. It’s Christmas time in Japan! That’s how far ahead in the future we are…


On the way to the mall.
The not-so-Exciting Hall


Mall


The Japanese says "baby-room",
but I like the subtitle better.


This band played pretty well






Mmmm ramen...




A shop to buy traditional candies and toys


"Clear Candle" making session


I don't think Japan got that memo...
Racism isn't cool anymore





After the mall I went to the grocery store to get some tastyness. I found these giant cans of beer





On the ride home, I finally remembered to take a picture of this masterpiece. A pyramid in the making, fashioned from sad, lonely nights.




Sunday

Stayed in the house and watched a weird movie. I had some tasty food




and relaxed all day. It was heaven.


I might even go to sleep early tonight!

1 comment: