Monday, August 30, 2010

New School: "Shimodate Elementary" and Karaoke!

This morning I awoke at 7 to get up and showered for my meeting with the Principal of my Elementary School. I didn't remember what time Tom was coming to pick me up so I decided to play it safe and wake up early. He arrived at 9:40 and we went to the meeting. It went pretty well, I got my desk and a locker for my stuff, I met the lunch lady and some of the staff, and I got my desk!

As we were leaving the school we saw a big snake crossing the path in front of us. Snakes are good luck in Japan so I think this is a good sign and this will be a fun school to teach in.

Tom took me to pick up my hanko(!) and then we went to the electronics store. It seemed like Tom wanted to make the most of our time today by driving me somewhere while we had a car, but I didn't need anything so he dropped me off at my place and said he'd see me tomorrow. Tomorrow I meet the faculty at the middle school.

Anthony is another ALT that lives right above me. Anthony came down at around 3 and invited me to dinner and karaoke with a couple other ALTs. Sweet! I get to meet some others! We went to a place called "Gusto" and had a cheap but decent meal. I met Paul and Steven. Steven works out so we will go to his gym tomorrow to exercise!



After dinner we went to karaoke and sang for two hours. I had a better time than I thought I was going to have and I got to know the guys a little bit better. They are pretty cool so I'm happy I got to meet them.

No comments:

Post a Comment